|    DO YOU SMELL RIBS     |     TWITTER     |     FACEBOOK     |   ASK ANNA    |

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NEWS AROUND TOWN


Listen, I don't know what sarah is talking about but we've never eaten brownies in our pajamas. That's just never happened. We mostly eat various things you can dip and we usually do it over the sink because best friends don't need their own plates. 

Just some news from around the neighborhood:


One morning last week I popped out of bed ready to take on the new day.  I pulled on some jean shorts from my floor, a checkered button up shirt, a teal scrunchie around my ragamuffin bun-ed hair, and black boots and ran out of the house excited. Unfortunately it was a little chilly so back in my house I went. A very common practice for me. I climbed up the stairs to my front door, up the stairs to my room, pulled on my navy Le Tigre v-neck sweater and ran back outside.  On my journey through the streets of Williamsburg 2 30-somethings approached me and asked if they could take my picture to use as a style reference for a movie they were shooting.  They said it was so that they could reference the neighborhoods authentic style.  I wasn't naive enough to be flattered but I said "oh, what the hell." This is how the conversation went:

Paparazzi #1: OH MY GOD MAKE SURE TO TAKE PICTURES OF HER HAIR
Paparazzi #2: OH MY GOD I KNOW THATS THE BEST PART
Me: haha.. hahahh… ahh .. ook ….    ….   …  
Paparazzi #1: OH MY GOD YOUR SWEATER IS AMAZING!! HOW DID YOU THINK OF THAT??
me:  uh.. huh ..  I don't know..? 
Paparazzi #1: IS EVERYONE WEARING IT LIKE THAT THESE DAYS??
Me: ( I look down and notice that my sweater has been on backwards with the v-neck in the back for the entire like 15 blocks that I walked)  oh I don't know I just thought it was cool (I played it off so chill) 
Paparazzi #2: OH MY GOD IT TOTALLY IS!!! 

They wouldn't tell me what movie it was for. Lord only knows it was probably not real and they were just making fun of me for not looking in the mirror before I left the house. Either way if some movie comes out and everyone is wearing their sweaters backwards IT WAS MY IDEA BITCHES!!!!!!!! ugh everything is terrible.  

Moving on…. 

The other day Sarah and I took a spontaneous trip to the beach (sadly leaving Ask Anna behind at work) but before we left we decided we wanted some snacks. After pondering every new artisanal start up food product at Hana we decided that all we really wanted was some cooler ranch Doritos.  I checked 3 bodegas only to find more artisanal snacks. Are people really eating this many pop corners that you would fill your whole bodega with them? This was extremely disappointing to me. We ended up bringing ZERO snacks to the beach.  Very sad. Don't 
 though, all is not lost. I was at Key Foods yesterday and they had a buy one get one free deal.  Hopefully its not to clear the shelves for more pop chips.  


No comments:

Post a Comment